In this article, we discuss with you how to uninstall Minecraft on your devices. Minecraft is a little different from other applications in uninstalling. In this article, we guide you about all devices to uninstall Minecraft.
Minecraft does not occupy a lot of space. Many different reasons occur to uninstall Minecraft. Minecraft also provides the backup facility. If you were going to uninstall it from one device, and then load again on another device, you would enjoy the game from there where you left.
Different methods are presented to uninstall Minecraft from various devices.
Android Operating System:
Here we guide you about how to uninstall Minecraft from the android operating system and also guide you about how to back up your game before uninstalling.
Backup of Saved Games in Android:
Before you uninstalled your Minecraft, you need to back up your saved games. For backup of your saved games follow these steps given below:
- Open file manager app, after that open Android file system “ES File Explorer” and connect your device with the computer.
- Open the “Game” folder.
- Open the “com.Mojang” folder.
- Copy “Minecraft worlds” folder to another location on your computer.
Your game backup saved. When you reinstall Minecraft PE, then copy this folder again and enjoy your game.
How to Uninstall From Android:
In this article, we guide you on how to uninstall Minecraft in Android. For uninstalling, follow these steps.
1- In your device, open the “Setting” app.
2- Select the “Apps” option.
3- Now select the “Application”.
4- Select the “Application Manager” option.
5- In the downloaded app list, find the “Minecraft Pocket Edition”.
6- Click on the “Uninstall” button.
Windows Operating System:
In this section, we guide you on how to backup and uninstall Minecraft from windows:
Backup your Saved Games:
If you plan to reinstall Minecraft and want to start the game where you left, then you need to back up your previous games. For back up, follow these steps.
- Press “Win+R” the keys at the same time.
- Type “%appdata” and then press “Enter” button.
- Open the “.minecraft” folder.
- Copy the “Saves” folder and copy it into another location.
Your games backup is saved. When you want to reinstall Minecraft, this back up will help you play the game quickly where you left.
How to Uninstall from Windows:
There are different methods that are available to uninstall Minecraft from windows. Let’s review some of them:
- Open the Run box, go to start menu and click on the “Run”. Another way is to press the keys “Win+R”.
- In the empty bar, you type “%appdata” and press the “Enter” button.
- A Roaming folder will open right-click on the “.minecraft” and click on the “Delete”. Another way is to drag the “.minecraft” folder into the recycle bin.
- Your Minecraft will be deleted.
A new version of Minecraft is installed like other apps. So you delete it in the control panel like other apps quickly.
- Click the start menu and select the “Settings”.
- Click on the “Control panel”.
- Click on the “Uninstalled application” or “Programs”.
- The list will load, then select the Minecraft and click “Uninstalled”.
IOS Operating System:
Here we provide the guide of how to backup and uninstall Minecraft from such devices which support IOS operating system.
How to Uninstalled Minecraft From iPhone, iPad, and iPod:
The iPhone, iPad, and iPod, uninstalled Minecraft easily just follow given steps.
- Press the Minecraft PE icon and hold a few seconds until other images start wiggling.
- Press the cross symbol “X” for uninstalling
Backup your Saved Games:
If you want to save you game backup, then follow these steps, if you wish not to back up, then skip this. For backup, you need a computer and connect your device.
- Download the “iExplorer” in your device. If you use a window, then you need to install iTunes.
- Unlock your phone and connect your device with the computer.
- Run your device and open the app section.
- Open “Minecraft PE” click on the “Documents”.
- Click on the “games” folder then click on the “com.Mojang” folder.
- Copy the “MinecraftWorlds” folder and copy it into another location.
When you reinstall Minecraft, then copy this folder back. Your backup is safe and ready to use.
How to Uninstall Minecraft from Mac:
- Click on the “Finder” icon.
- Open the “Go To Folder” window press “Command+Shift+G” at the same time.
- Type this expression “~ / Library / Application Support” in the empty bar.
- Press the “Return” button.
- Right-click on the Minecraft folder and then click on the “Delete” option. Another way is to drag the Minecraft folder into the recycle bin.
- Your Minecraft is uninstalled.
Backup Saved Games:
1- Click on the “Finder” icon.
2- Open the “Go To Folder” window press “Command+Shift+G” at the same time.
3- Type this expression”~ / Library / Application Support” in the empty bar.
4- Press the “Return” button.
5- Open the “Minecraft” folder.
6- Copy the “Saves” folder and paste it into another location. Your game backup is saved. When you wish to reinstall Minecraft, then copy this folder back.
Linux Operating System:
Here we guide you how to back up and uninstall Minecraft from Linux Operating System.
Backup Saved Games:
For backup of your games, follow given steps.
- Open you “File Manager”.
- Go to Home -> User Name -> .minecraft.
- Replacing the User Name with your Linux User Name.
- Copy the “saves” folder another location.
- Your back up is done and can be used in future.
How to Uninstall Minecraft Form Linux:
For uninstall, Minecraft from Linux follows these steps.
- Open the Terminal for quick access press the keys “Ctrl+Alt+T” at the same time
- Type this expression” rm _vr ~/ .minecraft/ *”.
- Press the “Enter”.
- You will be prompted and enter your administrator password.
- After that, this command will delete the Minecraft setup from your device.