PAN Card Aadhaar Card link: Those permanent account numbers (PAN) which are not linked with Aadhaar by 31st March 2023 will be rendered “inoperative”, as per the Income Tax department. While Aadhaar is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India to a resident of India, PAN is a 10-digit alphanumeric number allotted by the IT Department to a person, firm or entity.
“As per Income-tax Act, 1961, it is mandatory for all PAN holders, who do not fall under the exempt category, to link their PAN with Aadhaar Card, the unlinked PAN shall become inoperative,” the department said in a public advisory.
Income Tax PAN card-Aadhaar card link: Know who is exempted
These are the ‘exempt category’, according to a notification issued by the Union Finance Ministry:
- Residents of the north-eastern state of Assam, Meghalaya, and the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
- A non-resident as per the Income Tax Act 1961
- Individuals aged 80 or more
- Not an Indian citizen
PAN Card Aadhaar Card link Status Check
The PAN-Aadhaar link can be done easily online at the comfort of your home in just a few minutes.
For those who have already linked PAN and Aadhaar can verify their status by visiting the Income Tax e-filing website and go to “Link Aadhaar Status” tab.
Once you enter your PAN and Aadhaar Number, you can simply click on ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’. The status of the linking will be displayed in the next screen
In case you have not yet linked your PAN-Aadhaar, kindly do it immediately to avoid making your PAN inoperative.
How to Correct Aadhaar Card Details?
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
- Make sure you carry a self-attested copy of some ID proof to use as a supporting document.
- Request for and fill an Aadhaar Enrolment or Correction Form. You may also download a copy of this form from the UIDAI’s official website and take it with you to the Centre duly filled.
- Make sure you fill the form carefully to prevent any errors or spelling mistakes.
- Submit the form along with the required supporting documents to an executive at the Centre.
- The officials will authenticate your identity by taking your biometrics or requesting for some proof.
- The process of updating your details will cost you ₹30, so make sure you complete the payment.
- The officials will now provide an acknowledgement with an update request number, which you can use to track the status of your Aadhaar update request.
- Once the card is updated, you can download a copy of it from the UIDAI’s official website.
PAN-Aadhaar link: What if you don’t link both by 31st March
- Your PAN will become inoperative, and the individual shall be liable to all the consequences under the I-T Act and will have to suffer a number of implications.
- The person shall not be able to file I-T return using the inoperative PAN
- Pending returns will not be processed
- Pending refunds cannot be issued to inoperative PANs
- Pending proceedings as in the case of defective returns cannot be completed once the PAN is inoperative
- Tax will be required to be deducted at a higher rate
- The taxpayer might face difficulty at various other fora like banks and other financial portals as PAN is one of the important KYC (know your customer) criteria for all kinds of financial transactions.
In case your name in the PAN card is wrongly spelt – Online Process
Following is the online process to link your PAN card with Aadhaar in case your name is wrongly spelt:
- Step 1: Log on to the e-filing website of NSDL
- Step 2: Select the ‘Changes or Correction in existing PAN data or Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in Existing PAN Data)’ option from the drop down menu
- Step 3: Select the individual category and enter your details
- Step 4: Make payment and submit your form online after Aadhaar e-KYC
- Step 5: The updated PAN will be sent to your address
- Step 6: Once you have received your PAN card, link it with your PAN with Aadhaar
In case your name in the PAN card is wrongly spelt – Offline Process
Following is the offline process to link your PAN card with Aadhaar, in case your name is wrongly spelt:
- Step 1: Visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Step 2: Carry a self-attested copy of your identity proof with you
- Step 3: Fill the Aadhaar Enrolment Form
- Step 4: Submit the form along with the documents
- Step 5: You will get an acknowledgement slip that contains the update request number
- Step 6: This URN can be used to check the status of your update request
- Step 7: Once your update request is processed and the name is corrected, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar
How to Link PAN with Aadhar
PAN Card Aadhaar Card link Imoprtant Link
|PAN CARD AADHAR CARD LINK PROCESS||Click Here|
|LINK AADHAAR STATUS||Click Here|
|LINK AADHAAR||Click Here|
|VERIFY YOUR PAN||Click Here|
|OFFICIAL WEBSITE||Click Here|
|JOIN TELEGRAM PAGE||Click Here|
|MORE GOVT. JOBS||Click Here|
PAN Card Aadhaar Card link Important FAQs
How can I link my Aadhar card with PAN card?
Visit the Income Tax e-Filing portal (incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in) for Link Aadhar Card to PAN Card.
Can we link PAN and Aadhaar online?
Yes, you may visit https://www.utiitsl.com/ OR https://www.egov-nsdl.co.in/ to link your PAN and Aadhaar.
Why i am unable to link Aadhaar with PAN?
The primary reason PAN and Aadhaar linking fails is due to the mismatch of details in both. In case your address or full name is different on both these documents, the linking will not be successful. In such cases, you will first have to update either of the two documents.
What is PAN Card Aadhaar Card link Check Link?
PAN Card Aadhaar Card link Status ca check on income tax website.
PAN Card to Aadhaar Card Link, How to Link PAN Card to Aadhaar Card, PAN Card to Aadhaar Card link in 2023, How to Link PAN Card to Aadhaar Card in 2023, PAN Aadhar Link, PAN Aadhar Link Online, Aadhaar PAN Link Kaise Kare, A24knowledge, A24 Knowledge, Jobrasta, Aadhar to PAN Card Link, Pan card ko aadhar se kaise link kare, pan aadhaar link kaise kare, pan card aadhar card link status, pan aadhaar link online payment, aadhar pan card link, pan aadhar link, pan card ko aadhar se link kaise kare